Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Hooked on Swing Dancing





Ahhh, what would the 40's be like without swing music?  I hope you enjoy some of the clips below.  I'm inspired by swing music and dance.  I wish there were places you could go to nowadays that are hip and full of life like this:)  Please check out "Hooked On Swing Dancing".  Really great look at vintage swing dancing (YouTube video below)!

There was a great movie that came out in 1993, Swing Kids.  If you haven't seen it, it is a great period flick with some awesome dancing.  I remember waiting for this to come out and being blown away by the soundtrack.  I just pulled out my old CD this morning and have been jamming to the tunes:)  I can't believe I didn't have this on my itunes!  The CD is phenomenal I recommend getting it.  I'm going to re-watch Swing Kids.  I haven't seen this movie in years so I'm looking forward to looking to seeing the period outfits and backdrops:)  I just picked up the DVD version of this movie.

I hope you enjoy and listen to some of these great YouTube clips.


YouTube:  Not the best quality, but it gives you an idea:



How about some original swing fever:







Hooked on Swing Dancing Clip (a must watch):




How cool is this?  A Lindy Hop instructional video:)








8 comments:

  1. Thanks Joanna, for the fun swing videos! I love swing, its so much fun. There aren't any swing specific dance clubs around here, but most of the ballroom studios teach swing and have weekend dance parties with swing mixed in. The dancers in the videos are very advanced!!!

    Do you dance swing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And by the way.....swing is soooo much fun!!!! I was not at all interested in learning swing when I started dancing ballroom; but I quickly grew to love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you lived closer so you could teach me some moves:) They have a place that isn't too far away that does things in the evening but nothing quite like I want:) I wish I could swing dance. I took some classes along time ago but they were really basic and I don't remember any of the moves. I love reading your blog how you are doing all these fabulous dances:)

      Delete
  3. Such great videos! I love "Swing Kids" I actually reviewed it back when I was a Senior in HS hehe I have to re-watch it too! 40s music ROCKS!!! xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bunny:) See you always had the vintage bug too:))

      Delete
  4. I used to swing dance locally. I may have to pick it up again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been a swing fan for as far back as I can remember, though it was another 90s movie (the dance scene at the roadside bar in A League of Their Own) that really cemented a passion for this energetic form of dance in my mind when I was a youngster (and for the rest of time).

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow swing is soooo much fun!!!! I am totally interested in learning swing dance.

    By
    Addy Watson
    Private Dance Lessons




    ReplyDelete