Pages

Friday, September 28, 2012

Yellow Cargo

I picked up this film still from an antique shop about a month back.  The party scene caught my attention.  I love to see vintage images that are so clear and you can catch a glimpse into some of the glamour  of the period.




The movie is on YouTube and was renamed "Sinful Cargo" from 1936.   It's actually kind of a dry movie and the still makes it look like an exciting flick.  


I plan on buying more of these vintage photographs.  They are really interesting to study and so detailed in person.  I've been looking on ebay a little today and I love browsing through all the B&W stills.  Ebay sorts it by period so you can look at B&W photographs pre-1940 and 1941-1949, etc.  I invite you all to take a look it's really fascinating.


Look at this image isn't it marvelous?  It's from the 1930s Jean Howard.

4 comments:

  1. They are so glamorous. The 30s sleek and architectural look is so stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a stunning photo! I love photos as well. I have two fan cards of Debbie Reynolds and Maria Montez inside of my train case for inspiration! Great post! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such an excellent point - sometimes a movie still (or series of stills) seems to portray it in a way that differs in some extent from how the film is (for better or worse) as a whole. I think this is an immensely lovely thing to collect and hope you have great luck in finding further movie stills.

    Thank you very much for your terrific comment on my tenets of happy crafting post today. No, while I do like to use dimensional elements (flowers, winged paper butterflies, wood pieces, buttons, etc) on my cards, I haven't made one to date that could properly classified as a 3D card. I started paper crafting in the fall of 2010 (almost two year now - wow, where does the time go?) and truly feel like there are still so, soooooo many things I hope to learn more about and to try for the first time. Perhaps one day I'll give 3D cards a spin :)


    Wishing you a splendidly love weekend, sweet friend,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome picture ... love it.

    http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete